Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 18:15:57 +0100
On Wed, 19 Oct 1994 09:21:26 EDT Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Since we upgraded to version 1.8a,  LISTSERV appears to be throwing away
>any incoming (command) mail that  has an incomplete address specified on
>the CC: header - even when  everything else is correct. At first glance,
>this appears unnecessarily rigorous - am I missing something ?

This is  not new,  it has  always been  like that.  If the  RFC822 header
contains a syntax error, LISTSERV refuses to process the message if it is
addressed  to itself.  If  the message  is  addressed to  a  list, it  is
accepted with  a warning, on  the assumption  that the human  readers can
figure  it out.  LISTSERV doesn't  want to  take chances  with a  message
processed by a computer  where the error in the header  can mean that the
origin  was  not  determined  correctly. The  solution  is  to  configure
sendmail to produce RFC822-compliant mail headers.

  Eric