Barry Hathaway <HATHAWA@GECRDVM1>
Fri, 20 Jan 89 08:34:37 EST
>Can someone please tell me what this is all about?

>Error 24 from LSVDACC ("Filemode 'D' is not allowed for library files.")
>while logging mail  for ASG. An incomplete copy of  the message might be
>present in the  notebook. List is being held with  current mailing being
>postponed. Your file (6316) has been transferred to [log in to unmask]
>Error occured  while processing file  (6316) from TS0007@OHSTVMA:  "Error 24
>from  LSVDACC ("Filemode  'D'  is  not allowed  for  library files.")  while
>logging mail for ASG. An incomplete copy  of the message might be present in
>the notebook. List is being held with current mailing being postponed". File
>has been transferred to [log in to unmask]

I got this message last week.  My problem was that I was trying to log a
message in a notebook that resided on LISTSERV's work disk (192).
According to Eric that is a no no.  The filemode D comes from the fact the
CMS always tries to access a 192 disk as D during IPL.  I just moved the
notebook to another disk and redefined the list to look on that disk (using
the dynamic disk access feature).