Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:58:08 -0400
>Hi,
>
>I have to remove a few messages from my list's this month archive.
>I know that
>I will need to do a GET then PUT, remove listname.db*.  That the
>listname.index
>will get rebuilt automatically by PUT, listname.db* by someone using SEARCH.
>But how do I get listname.digest and listname.subject to be in sync with
>listname.index?
>
>Preferrably this should be done after this month archive is over, but I have
>don't have an option to wait.

You can't get them in sync.  Basically what you have to do is:

1) Set "Digest= No".  This deletes the existing digest files.

2) Modify the archives.

3) Change the Digest= setting back to its previous value.

For obvious reasons this isn't something I'd do except in an
emergency, but it's an option.

-jwgh
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support