Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:11:19 -0600
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:31:14 -0600, "Suppona, Roger" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>One of my list owners is trying to add editors to his list but the put
>operation fails with the following:
>
>"The following problems have been detected in the list header:
>
>* Notebook= ...
>Error: The first two parameters of the "Notebook=" keyword may only be
>updated
>       by the LISTSERV administrator.
>
>Please refer to the list keyword documentation (available via the "INFO
>KEYWORDS" command) for more information about keyword syntax.
>
>PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged."
>
>We've removed the "Notebook=" keyword from the header he's sending but his
>changes are still rejected.  I really hope there's a workaround, I don't
>want to be in the business of managing list headers.

A change from Notebook= No to Notebook= Yes,(directory path),... must involve
the Site Admin who can establish the correct archive directory path, create
the directory, etc.  After that, the List Owner can change whatever else.

While the change from Notebook= Yes,(path),... to Notebook= No, is less
involved, again it should involve the Site Admin who will then deallocate the
disk space, and do other cleanup chores.  That is why any change to *this*
setting must be done only by a Site Admin/LISTSERV Postmaster.  The same is
true if you have Notebook= No, but Digest= Yes,(path),... because, again, only
the Site Admin can allocate diskspace on the server.