"Suppona, Roger" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:28:33 -0600
I'm testing our installation of 1.8c and have discovered that binary files
(Word .doc files in this case) cannot be opened.  I've tried the two
commands to see if it's the encoding method:

get qs.doc f=mime/a and get qs.doc f=uuencode

The files arrive in what appears to be the correct encoding method with
proper headers.  However, when I try and open the file, Word complains it
cannot open the file.  Viewing the file with a text editor reveals the files
contents are intact; I suspect the header is corrupted.  I get this error
message if I try and get a larger file (the size may be coincidence):

Error X'00000051' from LSWSF trying to send file "OWNER DOC" in
MIME/appl/octet format.

I've tried sending files to Microsoft Exchange and to generic smtp hosts
(SUN OS and Linux).  Same results regardless of the receiving end.  I've
also manually decoded the files with the same results.  Any clues about
what's going on?

Roger Suppona
Sandia National Laboratories