Bob Jackiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 11:37:10 CST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Eric Thomas
<[log in to unmask]> says:
>>1) will listserv group the mails  for people within the same domain (all
>>   users have an E-mail  address [log in to unmask]; there are
>>   some 50 xxx, with 1 to 800 users in an xxx).
>
>Assuming you have *.KULEUVEN.AC.BE in the  LOCAL variable, yes it will do
>that.

So this begs the question from someone who obviously has the 'LOCAL'
meaning confused. This is the first time I've seen written that LOCAL
has something to do with mail delivery. I thought it just had to so with
the  * Service=  keyword.

   Could someone (Eric?) please explain what LOCAL is used for, or at
least point me to the release notes where it is exaplained?

   Also, to add things to Service= Local one would just code
* Service= Local,domain2.net,cs.domain3.net       right? Thanks!

  Bob Jackiewicz [\]        UIC Computer Center        E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  University of Illinois at Chicago                  ListServ Administrator
  OS/2: Windows with bullet-proof glass.