"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Mon, 30 Oct 89 12:20:49 EST
On Fri, 27 Oct 89 14:34:08 MET Pieter Groen said:
>When I am subscribed to a private list
>or when my subscription to a list is concealed
>or both,
>it still is possible for everybody to find out
>my name, userid and nodename by means of:
>     /WHOIS
>even if I don't want to.
>To me it seems a bug.
>Greetings,
>Pieter Groen

Issue a REGister OFF command if you do not wish to be found in the
signup file if you do not wish to be seen by /WHOIS. LISTSERV could
be modified to remove names when CONCEAL is set from the SIGNUP FILE
but considering that /WHOIS is a bogus command (even tho I wrote it)
I do not recommend this. Either remove /WHOIS or REGister OFF yourself
after every time you subscribe. Maybe the UDD in LISTSERV would
better handle this???? If it ever gets finished.

/mrg