"H. Alan Montgomery" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Sep 1992 00:01:56 GMT
I run the lists SEDSNEWS and SEDS-L.   Every once in  a  while  I  get  a
countdown message.

The most current one is  that  MUMFORD.MIT.EDU  cannot  be  reached  from
RICEVM1 for 3 days. I get a message to that extent from  RICEVM1. Then  I
get another message that the mail will be saved for 5 days.

In another case I got a message every three days for two  weeks.  I  have
ACTIVE lists. That five or ten bouncebacks/day.

Courtesy question: Do I complain to gate POSTMAST (in this case  RICEVM1)
that the link is down or simply suck it up  until  someone  else  notices
that you can't get there from here? I know I can just set NOMAIL or UNSUB
the guy,   but I thought there might be someone who  knew  of  a  way  of
finding out what the problem is short of  sending  a  flame  to  a  maybe
innocent person.