Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:38:37 -0400
At 09:05 AM 8/16/2006 -0400, Bill Brown wrote:
>I was trying for a more generic test.

Just to revise and extend my remarks...I think it is a mistake to
overload the subject-tag feature in the way you suggested.  Since
there's no ironclad guarantee that a subject line beginning with
"[something]" is always list mail, you really can't predicate OOO
behavior on it.

If you're not doing the evaluation on MAIL FROM:, then you should be
doing it based on something like Precedence:.  (For instance, OOO
should never be sent back if Precedence: is "junk", either.)  It
could be some other header, of course, but this one is available for
any MUA author who wants to implement its use.

Anyway...my $0.02.

Nathan