Pete Hoyle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Dec 1993 13:15:24 EDT
I'm not truly qualified to be writing here (if I were, I'd probably
know the answer), but here goes anyway.

Our computer center will shut down our only VM system forever by
the end of 1993.  Seeing the writing on the wall, the primary
systems engineer for that system left some months ago. He was the
one who set up our listserv and knew the ropes.

Thus the question is, what do we do to be good neighbors in the
listserv community? I assume that simply turning off the machine
and going catatonic with no warning is not the best thing to do.
We will one way or another catch and re-route both bitnet and
internet mail that was destined for wmvm1 (the system that is
leaving), but we will certainly lose any true listserv software.

So, maybe as much for your own convenience as ours, please give us
suggestions as to how to proceed.   Thanks.

--
   Pete Hoyle     William & Mary Computing Support
   [log in to unmask]             (804) 221-3002