Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:06:44 -0500
Hi lstsrv-l,

I'm not sure if this is a gripe, a wishlist item, or something I
should change in our site default template somehow.  But lately
I've gotten complaints from a couple of owners of "Send= Owner"
lists that were either new, or newly configured that way.  These
owners had expected that the "You have been added" message would
reflect the fact that subscribers can't post by -not- including
the stuff about how to post to the list.  However, the information
about how to post seems to be unconditionally included.  I've been
helping the owners who have been complaining about this to change
their own templates on a list-by-list basis, but seeing how much
other stuff is conditionally included/excluded based on various
keywords I wonder if it would be possible to put a conditional
block around this also.  Have other people done this?  (Is there
a reason L-Soft doesn't do it by default?  Are we using an old
version of the default template?)  I realize subscribers never
EVER read that message, but it seems that a few of our list
owners do.  ;-)

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University