Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Larry Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:27:27 -0400
text/plain (28 lines)
We are in a similar situation. We host 15 non-profit lists, and we are supported entirely by voluntary donations. Our operating budget (excluding listserv) is under $1K per year. At one time L-Soft offered us an educational discount that make a license affordable (albeit still expensive), but the last time we enquired we were told that it was no longer available. We will probably switch to Mailman once the GNU team has come up with a workable fix.We are currently on version 14 of listserv.

best regards,
Larry
Site manager, HMSSurprise.org.

On Apr 24, 2014, at 1:19 PM, Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This essentially has the added effect of purging the world of LISTSERV operations who are no longer paying maintenance and are running older systems. This include us. After 17 years, we had to stop the yearly license last Aug because because of a combination of policy changes and budget considerations. We have been flat funded for decades as our work scope and operating costs have steadily increased.
> 
> I had hoped to limp on with our current 16.0 version while I made the argument that LISTSERV is a more viable option than Google Groups. 
> Sadly this will hasten the demise.
> 
> I would however, like to say Kudos to Lsoft for their rapid response.
> 

--
Larry Finch
[log in to unmask]

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2