Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:41:25 -0400
hello again

right  a user could post a file first at an FTP or WWW site, and then
include a link to it in a list message

i want to make it effortless for a subscriber to post an attachment without
delivering it to every subscriber inbox

my take on things is that since the Listserv file archive routines already
exist, they would be simple to frontend   its my experience that file
archiving features are a rarely-used feature of the product

"post-and-link" file attachment processing and a web interface for the
little-used file archiving features of Listserv would be extremely useful

perhaps "internet file-sharing" is beyond the scope of the product

* any ideas about how to breakup web archives alphabetically?
* has anyone done this?

thanks