Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 May 2000 11:09:01 -0400
I am a list owner and from time to time have to EDIT or REVIEW and resubmit
subscriber posts to a small list run on Listserv 1.8d.  I use Eudora Pro
3.05 (on Windows 95 B), augmented with the Resent-From header to comply
with Listserv 1.8d in addition to the X-Sender header normally added by
Eudora in the Redirection function.

I have been using Netcom Canada <netcom.ca> which was recently purchased by
AT&T Canada <attcanada.ca> sometime in late December.  At that time, the
company advised customers that the <attcanada.ca> being a new domain
separate from <att.ca> and mapped to the same IP addresses as <netcom.ca>,
allowed Netcom customers to avail themselves of both domains,
interchangeably, without necessitating any change in userid, at the
customer's pleasure, and that customers who wished to retain use of the old
<netcom.ca> domain, could do so.  This morning, I discovered what "the
customer's pleasure" meant.

Posts approved/edited and resent to Listserv are being returned with the
following headers:

Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 05:48:33 -0700
To: NASAP-L List <[log in to unmask]>
From: [log in to unmask] (Susan Daley) (by way of Moderator
<[log in to unmask]>) (by way of Moderator
      <[log in to unmask]>) (by way of Moderator <[log in to unmask]>)
Subject: Re: [NASAP-L] TX Dental Post-of over for me

I have also verified that the From field is changed on mail originated by
me to other parties.  Notice that they missed the X-Sender?  Customer
support has informed me that while customers may still received mail under
<netcom.ca>, their STMP will change the domain on all outgoing mail to
<attcanada.ca>.

This is more than just a headache; it may present the impossible scenario
of changing subscription addresses for myriads of subscriptions.  For my
own list, adding <[log in to unmask]> to the Owner, Editor, and Moderator
functions should suffice, as posts from "both Moderators" will be directed
to me.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I'm posting this here as some
administrators may have list owners in a situation similar to mine, or list
subscribers.  Given the company's assurance that customers did not have to
change, are they within their rights to do this without notice (midnight
last night) whatsoever?

Michael McNeil
North American Society
for Action on Pain

Posted to LSTSRV-L, LSTOWN-L

GET THE BEST FREE INTERNET ACCESS
*Free Email***Free Support***Free Software***No Credit Check***Privacy Guaranteed*
GO TO http://www.homefreeweb.com