Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:17:59 -0400
On 04/29/2013 Barry D. Krawchuk [[log in to unmask]] wrote:

> During past month or more postings are not successfully reaching subscribers who use gmail or google apps. The error reported is:

[omitted for brevity]

> Mail has been delivered to these subscribers without incident for years. No recipients on other domains get a similar error.
>
> Has anybody else been encountering this problem? Do you have some suggestions?
>
> Google has a reference page: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication about the reported error.

I manage a few lists which have subscribers with gmail addresses, and I have not seen any errors of this nature on those lists.

I subscribe to several lists using a gmail address, and I am still receiving messages from those lists at that address.

I suspect that the source of the problem is on the sending end, not the receiving end. What version of LISTSERV are you using? What OS platform? How are messages delivered from your LISTSERV server to the recipient domains?

--
Paul Russell
Retired LISTSERV Czar