Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:01:28 -0400
On: Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:05:37PM -0400,David Rubin Wrote:

} Assuming I have no hope of convincing MYISP.COM of fixing this problem, is there
} any way to modify LISTSERV's behavior so that it does not use an empty MAIL FROM
} string? I'm not sure why it is doing it in the first place, and why L-Soft
} defends its use. Why doesn't it just put listserv's address in there?

Because the relavent RFCs specify that robot generated messages have a
null From line,  and Lsoft is one of the few companies that follow the
RFCs closely.

Lsoft has a FAQ on its web site (perhaps one of the Lsoft folks would
post the URL) that you can point MYISP at.  If they refuse to remove the
filtering, vote with your wallet and move.

} Is this problem perhaps fixed in 1.8e, which I have not yet installed?

No, because it is NOT Lsoft's problem.  MYISP is the problem.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507