Cristobal A Cardona <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 20:48:57 -0500
Greetings,

I am writing to this list to ask if anyone would be interesting in
hosting mail lists for two IRC channels.  As my subject headers states,
those channels are #Chat and #France.  For those who are not acquainted
with irc, it is a program for speaking with others throughout the
world.  One speaks with others on irc mainly on channels which always
have a # prefix.  I.e. Channel Chat = #Chat.  These lists would exist to
help in discussing various channel topics in an email environment such as
administration as well as posting announcements.  This would be a good
medium for communication as not everyone is on IRC often and some people
may not be able to irc from time to time but almost everyone has access
to email regardles and that way the various channel inhabitants can keep
in touch and be aware of channel decisions/discussions even though they
have not been able to irc for a while.  Neither list would be a
burden as there would only be about 10-20 people on each list.

Please email me privately at [log in to unmask] as I do not
usually read this list.

Thank you for your time.

Cristobal Cardona
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~ccardona