"Herbert A. Huston" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jun 1991 17:04:33 EDT
On Fri, 7 Jun 91 14:43:35 CDT Landy Manderson said:
>I have been reading the messages about X-DEL, but not really giving them
>more than cursory attention.  Having seen several persons announce their
>switch to eternal prime-time, I am wondering if I need to do this to our
>LISTSERV here also, to help the cause?

It's not a decision that others can make for you.  When I saw the announce-
ment yesterday afternoon, I issued QUERY FILES LISTSERV and found that
there were several hundred files on LISTSERV's reader queue.  Next, I
reconnected LISTSERV's console and entered CMS RDRLIST to begin looking
at them.  Finding LOTS of duplicates, I proceed to start cleaning them
up.  With the end of prime time approaching and bringing with it the
natural desire for food, relaxation, and eventually sleep, I decided to
edit LOCAL SYSVARS for eternal prime time after letting the legitimate
X-DEL JOBs execute.

It's only a stopgap until the real problem is solved or just goes away.

-- Herb