Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:08:18 -0400
Pete Weiss wrote:

> |Since there are lists to discuss spam, I apologize for being
> |off-topic here.
>
> Stan's right ...
>
> Abstracted from the SPAM-L FAQ
>
>  http://oasis.ot.com/~dmuth/spam-l/

Stan is right and Stan is wrong.  This is a list for inexperienced
listserv owners as well as all you experienced folks.  I deliberately
sent that message thinking that perhaps a lot of us received it, and
wanting to get technical help explaining to the other newbies on the
list how to proceed if you do.  I am a semi-newbie; were I a total
newbie that would have freaked the living bejeebers out of me.

The information about anti-SPAM networks was very useful -- but
it is not off-topic to show newbies the variety in which SPAM can
appear.  This is an informational list for people of ALL types of
experience.

Not everybody would have understood that was a SPAM in the first place.
That was part of the point.

And I also wondered, though I didn't say, if the SPAM was a result of
being on this list, or my automatic response to requests to join my
owner-subscription lists.  Which, I would think, IS germaine to this
list.

Mary