Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Sep 1992 02:29:15 +0200
>SHOW BITEARN command
>                               Compiled        Regular
>CPU sec.                           .15            .62
>Paging                              61             16
>WS (observed maximum IND USER)     225            174

LSVSHOW was not  EXECLOADed by the version used for  this test, otherwise
the difference in CPU time would be  irrelevant due to not having much to
do for this command;  here what you are seeing is the time  to load a big
REXX  source into  memory one  line  at a  time  vs the  larger LRECL  of
compiled  files.  The interpreter  wins  on  paging  and WS  because  the
compiled  version is  usually about  5  times larger.  I don't  recommend
compiling  LSVSHOW on  storage  constrained systems  unless  you use  the
command very often.

>NODESGEN command
>
>CPU                              39.37         113.62
>Paging                             127             82
>WS                                 377            326

That one  is now in  PREXX, although  some of the  post-processing (PEERS
DISTSUM, REFRESH, etc) is still in REXX  and amounts to half of the total
CPU time.