June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Mon, 1 Dec 86 14:19:20 PST
REPLY TO 12/01/86 10:33 FROM [log in to unmask]: Re: An experience with GRAND

Harry, there already is a text data base you can access over the
network.  Its call SPIRES and it's what the DATABASE server at
BITNIC uses.  In fact, I think Hank already has some GRAND
related/extracted files on it.  TELL DATABASE@BITNIC HELP should get
you started.  Try it, you might even like it although some of the
underlying databases could be better designed for remote searching
(in particular I have a number of gripes about BITINFO, the BITNET
master directory subfile).  /June

To:  LSTSRV-L(LSTSRV-L@CLVM)