Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Aug 1993 17:52:05 -0400
On Aug 6, 13:27, Dan Lester wrote:
} Subject: Re: SCIFAQ-L errors
} On Fri, 6 Aug 1993 10:58:16 -0400 Una Smith said:
} >PS:  Perhaps the LISTSERV help documents should be posted periodically in
} >the Usenet newsgroup bit.admin.  They might also be made into formal Usenet
} >FAQs for cross-posting in news.answers and archival on rtfm.mit.edu.  This

}    Makes sense to me.  Of course there just might be a few usenet purists
} who would object to even that much tainting of their sacred ground.  o-)
} btw, I use Bitnet, Internet, and Usenet regularly, and have no interest
} in getting into any religious warfare on their various pros and cons,
} advantages and disadvantages, etc.

Simply making a FAQ available (a LISTSERV one would be particularly
valuable) isn't likely to start up flames.  There's FAQs on fidonet
et. al., (which are even worse than bitnet ;-), and they don't generate
flames by themselves.

What would be particularly funny is if someone fed a LISTSERV with
the newsgroups (say, news.answers) where the LISTSERV FAQ was posted.
Then the LISTSERV duplicate checking code would start bouncing it's own
FAQ...

--
Chris Lewis; [log in to unmask]; Phone: Canada 613 832-0541
Psroff 3.0 info: [log in to unmask]