PMW1@PSUVM
Wed, 28 Feb 90 08:58:00 EST
>SUVM can't seem to handle mail sent to the Novell list from your site.  Gets
>treated as files, not mail, but then gets messed up with your From: line.
>Give me a call when you get a chance.

Apparently there is a combined length limit between the subscribed
userid@node and the optional user information e.g.,

    TELL LISTSERV SUB listx aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    TELL LISTSERV SUB listy bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

The FROM: field generated by LISTSERV (when a file is sent) to listx is
shorter than the generated FROM: field when sent to listy.

Depending on the length, a syntax error will be generated when the
FROM: field is processed.
--
Peter M. Weiss                   |  (this line intentionally left blank)
31 Shields Bldg (the AIS people) | Don't FAX me, I'll FAX you!