Al Lilianstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:03:15 -0500
Darren Evans-Young wrote:
> I'm just curious....
>
> How much time do you Listserv Administrators spend on managing and
> supporting Listserv and the list owners? This includes subscriber
> questions, list owner questions, creating lists, deleting lists, etc.
> Are these duties all done by one person or several.
>
> BTW, our site has less than 1000 lists.
>
> Darren Evans-Young
> The University of Alabama

We have over 2500 lists. Basic questions get handled by the helpdesk.
More advanced questions get to the person on call (5 person weekly
rotation). Sometimes an hour or two a week to answer them.

For list creation we have a web page that the list requester uses to
answer the basic config questions. This gets us the configuration file
ready to send to listserv. Add another 30 seconds to create the archive
directories (another script) if necessary and add the ldap entry to the
mta directory. A busy week with list creation might add an hour or two.

I havn't scripted list removal yet. Maybe next month...

	hth, al
--

Al Lilianstrom
CD/CSI/CSG