Llolsten Kaonga <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 23:38:22 -0500
hello everyone,

i run a mailing list for malawi called NYASANET and i'm likely to
need a new host for the list as there are noises that my institution
may decline to reinstate it (we've had network problems over the last
several days and i've had to suspend, i hope, NYASANET because of
mail bounces).

NYASANET is a discussion list for people interested in things
malawian. it has been a good resource for information for scholars
(malawian and others), visitors, professionals going to work in
malawi, peace corps and other volunteers - vso, etc -, ngo's ... the
list is long. it has also helped to keep the many malawian exiles
connected with their land. the list has also helped keep people who
visited malawi either for business or pleasure connected with the
land they fell in love with. list members have collectively been
involved in voicing concern to the malawi leadership whenever it was
necessary to do so (writing letters - more information on the malawi
page, url in my signature below). the list has more than 400 direct
subscribers and maybe as many who get articles from
``redistribution'' sites, the majority of these indirect subscribers
being in malawi. i would like to get the list back online as soon as
possible.

information on malawi: a detailed account may be found on the
unofficial malawi web page (url in my signature below). malawi is a
small country, about the size of the united states state of
pennsylvania. the country is probably best known for its lake which
has probably the largest number of fresh water fish spieces in the
world. many aquariums around the world get their fresh water fish
from there and as a matter of fact, there is a team of scientists at
the university of new hampshire who study lake malawi's cichlids.

if you are willing to host NYASANET, please let me know via email at
[log in to unmask] and thank you.
--
lk(with the man in the yellow hat) | The only place where success comes
--Math Dept, UNH, Durham, NH03824  | before work is a dictionary.