Nick Laflamme <DPL1646@IRISHVM>
Thu, 04 Dec 86 09:32:32 EST
>I would be willing to host any necessary peer lists if it would help
>lighten the network load.  Is there an advantage of my doing this since
>I am basically an end-node?
>
>       Jim Gerland

I, too, am an end node, and I'm setting up a couple of lists that used
to reside in ARPA-land.  Contrary to what some might say (:-) ) I'm
not doing it to be self-important.  If I take a few lists, especially
those that are popular at this and surrounding nodes, I'm going to
reduce the network load.  Perhaps not as spectacularly, but some.
Adding a new peer will (generally) not increase the network load, and
if there's any use of it, it will decrease the network load (or increase
the readership of the list).  One can probably build pathological cases
to prove that wrong, but I think it's always good to have one more peer.

Nick