Turgut Kalfaoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Nov 1991 13:32:38 EDT
On Wed, 13 Nov 91 13:16:33 GMT Frank Elsner said:
>What's that ? What's the name of the list?
>> > sub info-nets Frank Elsner                                <----- !!!???
>> You have been added to list INFONETS.
>>
>> > set info-nets mail files noack repro shorthdr noconceal   <----- !!!???
>> List INFO-NETS does not exist. Try sending a "List" command to get a
>> description of all lists.

It's because the SET command ignores the local mapping of the listname to
'INFO-NETS'. The stored name of the list is 'INFONETS', due to the 8-char
limitation of VM, but the list header contains 'List-ID=INFO-NETS'
command. The bottom line is that the SET command does not use the alias of
the group title. Something for me to work on|

Thanks,  -turgut
LISTEARN Maintainer