Wed, 2 Jul 1997 04:49:14 -0700
                                                July 2, 1997

Dear List Administrators,

I have maintained a web site dedicated to actor/model Antonio Sabato, Jr since
October of last year. Through my web site, I have had contact with many of his
fans and have been struck by the quality of the people he has drawn to him and
their desire to communicate with each other. Because of the overwhelming
demographic diversity in this fandom, we have been stymied in our pursuit of an
appropriate forum. I wish to fulfill that void.

Arrangements for space on a server for a SABATO mailing list have recently
fallen through, which brings me to all of you...

While I have personally maintained continued membership to approximately 10
mailing lists for as much as 3 years, I have never owned one. However, I
currently assist with the day-to-day operation of three lists. Additionally,
friends with long-time listowning experience, who have been unable to offer
server space due to a 'maxed out' system, have offered unconditional mentoring
and guidance to me.

As listowner, I fully intend to devote the requisite hours each morning and
evening to it to ensure the smooth running of this list and have arranged my
schedule accordingly. As I work evenings, I am also available during typical
peak Internet hours most days should something arise (EST). If needed, I have
someone who is able to monitor the list during my sleep period who is able to
contact me at any time. Finally, this address I am contacting you with is to be
dedicated only to SABATO traffic to help facilitate list maintenance.

The interest in this list is tremendous, if the response from only word-of-mouth
feelers is to be believed. With the limited feedback I have received, I would
anticipate the membership to easily approach 500 people. I am looking for space
for an open subscription, unmoderated discussion list. The 'SABATO' list would
be PG rated with a firm no flames, no personal attacks and no profanity policy
in addition to any other rules stipulated by the site.

Thank you for your consideration. I am truly looking forward to working on this
project. As I do not follow this forum, please contact me privately at:
[log in to unmask] if I may have spurred your interest.

All my hopes,

Vicky L Nickerson