Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 00:13:44 +0200
On Tue,  21 Nov 1995  10:14:35 EST Rex  Bontrager <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Last Friday, there were a couple of postings which mentioned LSMTP 1.0a.
>Is this an existing product? Did I miss a product announcement?

It's currently in  beta. The VMS version  has been ready for  a while but
we'd like to  release the NT version  at the same time, and  before we do
that we want  to make sure it's  as stable as the VMS  version. Last week
was  the first  week with  no  incident from  the beta  sites. Before  we
release we're going  to run our full 1.6M/day workload  on the NT version
for at  least a  week, and this  requires porting the  code to  the Alpha
version of NT, which is what we're now working on. Hopefully this will be
ready next week and we can  begin the large-scale tests then, and release
early in December if all goes well.

  Eric