"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 2 Aug 88 17:26:33 GMT
The MOP people  have agreed to have  their LISTSERV put on  the backbone. This
server has proved to be very reliable  so far (although it had admittedly very
little  traffic to  process).  This change  will have  very  little effect  on
international traffic, as LISTSERV@FRULM11 was  previously playing the part of
LISTSERV@FRMOP11,  but  it  will  considerably  decrease  the  FRORS12-FRMOP22
traffic and improve response  time (FRULM11 is a 4341, FRMOP11  is a 3081 with
almost no user - as I type these lines, CPQ IND shows 7% of CPU use and paging
rate is 1/second).

I would like to  extend my thanks on behalf of the  LISTSERV user community to
the MOP and FRULM11 staff for their collaboration.

Regards, Eric