"Nelson R. Pardee" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:18:40 -0400
The topic of implementing a process of automatically or manually deleting lists
that have reached an assigned expiration date was discussed on this list a few
years ago. Part of the discussion involved a related process for owners to renew
their lists. Based on the earlier discussion, there appeared to be a variety of
mechanisms used at various sites. Some used special naming conventions that
included an expiration date and others used techniques for detecting unused
lists (no subscriptions, no messages, etc.). At our site, we want to implement a
renewal process to eliminate unwanted, inactive and orphaned lists. We are still
on 1.8d (Win NT), and I was wondering if there is anything new in 1.8e that
would support this process. Any other new ideas related to this issue?

- Listserv List Manager

Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu
Web access to List Archives, Manuals, and
List Management for Owners.