"Juan M. Courcoul" <POSTMAST@TECMTYVM>
Tue, 11 Jul 89 16:49:20 EDT
On Tue, 11 Jul 89 14:21:48 EDT Chris Dietrich said:
>This afternoon, our Listserv received roughly 1,000 files from other
>Listservs, all originating from [log in to unmask]  The files had the
>single command 'LISTS LONG'.  I have served NETSTU03@GREARN off our
>Listserv, I suggest other Postmasters do the same.

Our Listserv also received a single file from [log in to unmask] This file,
named COM FILE, consisted of 32 'LIST LONG' commands. Fortunately, I was
updating the BITEARN NODES when it arrived and transferred it out of the
server's reader. Had it been processed, it would have caused a significant
load on both the server as well as the net. The user has been served off.

This kind of network behavior is truly unworthy of any network user.

Juan

  Juan M. Courcoul                  | Phone:
  Postmaster / Listserv Coordinator |       (835) 820-0000  Ext. 4151
  Dept. of Academic Services        |
  Monterrey Institute of Technology | BitNet:
  Monterrey, N. L.   64849          |         POSTMAST @ TECMTYVM
  Mexico                            |         PP838474 @ TECMTYVM