Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:48:58 -0700
On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:15:40 -0500, Michael Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>     When I click REPLY-TO-SENDER and not REPLY-TO-ALL, it only sends the
>     response to the person. In this case I replied to your message by
>     clicking REPLY-TO-SENDER and it addressed it to you; I then added the
>     list address manually.

You are basing your analysis of LISTSERV's actions on the behavior of your
cc:mail mailer pgm, which is well known for its non-standard 'Reply-to' actions
by comparison to most other internet mail pgms, including Microsoft's.

cc:mail works fine in a closed office environment, but it fumbles badly when
handling most internet mail.  It is known to chose Sender instead of 'From:' and
it ignores any Reply-To: field, and usually wipes all other headers.  Many
people using cc:mail have to resort to DUALHDR so they can see where the mail
really comes from etc. and make their replies manually.

That is not to say you are not getting it to work for you, but it may be
affecting other people on your list, who don't use cc:mail, differently.