Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 01:50:02 -0400
"Ji Thomas / Sociology / Northern Illinois University"
<[log in to unmask] >, Writes:

JT> We're looking for a listserve site for Cu-Digest (CuD). The
JT> mailing list is straining Northern Ill U's resources (an
JT> Amdahl running Wylbur).  CuD comes out about 6 times a
JT> month, and each mailing is about 52 Megs.
JT>
JT> I'd appreciate any pointers or suggestions.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding this, but it sounds like
you are doing something wrong or there is something
drastically misstated here.

Are you saying that you are sending out a 52 megabyte file on
each mailing?  Or are you saying that the total archives are 52
megabytes?  Or are you saying that the file - which might be,
say, 100,000 bytes - is being sent to 5000 addresses, which totals
52 megabytes?

There are ways to reduce this load or change the conditions.

When you can explain exactly what you mean, I can answer.
----
Paul Robinson -- [log in to unmask]