Ivo Angehrn <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:36:02 +0100
I am in charge of putting up a mailing list for "EURO-BME", a European
University-Enterprise Training Partnership Focusing on Biomedical Engineering.
General information about the organization can be obtained on our Website at
URL http://dmawww.epfl.ch/~angehrn/eurobme/eurobme.html
The major goal of the organization is the training of people whose competence
will correspond to the needs of technology and socio-economy: This may include
public and industrial researchers, doctors, surgeons, etc. The mission of the
biomedical engineer is to create the best conditions for diagnosis and
treatment of people. We develop and organize courses whose strategy is clearly
aimed at  advanced technologies.

We'd like to create a mailing list to allow and faciliate communication among
the members of the Partnership. In particular there will be discussions on the
planning and development of courses, announcements of conferences, as well as
recent research issues in the field. In a second step we might consider to
enlarge the list (or maybe create a second one) to a wider public, generally
interested in Biomedical Engineering.
We propose the evident name "EURO-BME" for the list.
The estimated number of subscribers is below 50 for an initial list which is
open only to partners of EURO-BME, and the number of daily messages will be
below 5.

Therefore we're looking for a site to host our list and we hope that you can
give us some advice.
We thank you for your services and hope for a positive response.

Ivo Angehrn
for EURO-BME