"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Apr 1993 10:33:30 CST
I recently needed to create a list for semi-local distribution, and,
given its nature, also needed to specify a short automatic renewal period.
Following the instructions Eric posted on this list, regarding the
specification of the Renewal keyword, I set it up thus:

*  Newsgroups= itesm.bitmex
*  Review= Public    Subscription= Open         Send= Editor
*  Notify= No        Reply-to= List,Respect     Files= Yes
*  Confidential= Service                        Errors-To= Owners
*  Service= Mexico,*.mx
*  Notebook= Yes,E,Monthly,Public         Renewal= Bi-Yearly,Delay(15)
*  Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,7:00,Size(200)

All went fine & dandy when I stored it, without getting any complaints
from the server (at 1.7f level). However, last Monday it decided it didn't
really like the Renewal format, as per the following complaint:

>Date:         Mon, 26 Apr 1993 06:00:03 -0600
>From:         BITNET list server at VMTECQRO (1.7f)
>Subject:      Message ("Invalid renewal specification in list BITMEX --...")
>
>Invalid renewal specification in list BITMEX -- "BI-YEARLY".

So, what's the valid format, then ? Should I try "6-Monthly", as suggested
in the documentation ? I need a semestral base, to coincide with the school
semesters and the student account cleanup.

On a related note, is there a way to force a renewal cutoff to start at
a specific date, other than setting Renewal to a hard date and later changing
it to a relative (i.e., Bi-Yearly, or whatever the server wants me to put
there) date after that cutoff ?

Juan Courcoul