Tue, 23 May 2006 11:15:05 -0400
One other variation which reinforces an earlier comment about "it depends
on which method works best". We consistently advertise
[log in to unmask] as the address to send commands to, and then we
tell people to send the sub command, e.g.,
   sub clocks
Since many people in our community use listserv, they need to remember one
address and one command syntax which (we think) is easier than the direct
subscribe address. For us. For them. Other mileage may vary. And we're
being asked to develop a subscription front end for a subset of our users
(click a radio button next to a list name). :-)

-- Please send new requests for Listserv owner support to [log in to unmask]
-- Requests for support sent to [log in to unmask] will be delayed.
--
-- Syracuse University Listserv List Manager
-- Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu