"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:41:04 +0100
This happened on one of our services recently (1.8e on Windows 2k Server) -
Listserv crashes and then sends an error reports when you restart it. I
think it happened once before - but probably more than 12 months ago.

I didn't have to amend any notebook files - just deleted all the .db* index
files in the list-logs dir, for that list; then performed an archive search,
which causes Listserv to first rebuild the index files. It worked fine and
didn't crash again. Weird really because you would have expected it to crash
if there was some sort of corruption on the notebook file or somthing.

--
Spencer Warhurst
Listserv Services Manager

JISCmail -> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk