Deanna McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:24:49 -0800
At 11:40 AM 3/13/97 -0500, Roger wrote:
>At 10:05 AM -0500 3/13/97, Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:39:45 EST, you said:
>>> Me too I finally gave up and just get all there gripe sessions and when
>>>I see
>>> where it is from I jump right over and go to the good stuff dMaybe they
will
>>> get the hint..
>>
>>Of late, a large proportion of these comments have originated at AOL.COM.
>>
>>I have to wonder if there is something Strange, Unusual, Bizzare, and Evil
>>in the America Online interface, that encourages/allows people to become
>>accidentally subscribed to mailing lists.  Can anybody in the AOL Padded
>>Cell Environment comment on whether this is true or not?
>>

>I just poked around on AOL, looking for some automated subscribe process
>and found nothing. They have a discussion of mailing lists at keyword
>"mailinglists" and a mailing list directory at
><http://www.idot.aol./com/mld/production/> but nothing that looked like a
>"click here and you're subscribed."

The phrase "jump right over and go to the good stuff" jumped out at me. Is
LSTSRV-L peered to a newsgroup? Could some of these users be viewing
LSTSRV-L from their newsreader? And on top of that not know how to delete a
newsgroup from their subscription list?

-----
Deanna McHugh, Network Administrator   email: [log in to unmask]
UCSF Office of Research Affairs        voice: 415.476.9838
Box 0962, San Francisco, CA 94143      fax:   415.476.8158