Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:24:00 -0500
Has anyone gotten DBMS working with Oracle 7 on a LISTSERV 1.8d for NT
installation?  I've been having some problems (in particular with adding
and removing addresses with underscores in them), and am not sure if the
problem lies with a wonky LISTSERV setup, a bad ODBC setup, Oracle
screwiness, or some combination of the above.

One problem that is probably easiest to describe is that when I start
LISTSERV up, I see in the log file:

| Connecting to ODBC data source...
| > Driver manager version: 3.0.2822.0000
| > ODBC driver: SQ032_73.DLL (02.00.03.01.01)
| > DBMS: Oracle7 (07.03.0000)
| [SEVERE] FOR UPDATE clause not supported, no locking will occur

although as noted some more severe problems also occur under some
circumstances.

If this rings a bell with anyone, I'll send more info (on or off-list as
seems appropriate).  If I find a comprehensible solution I'll send it to
the mailing list.

Thanks,
jwgh