Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:38:25 -0700
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:19:48 -0500, Sandy Dobbs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I read the documentation on ALIASES in Section 5.10. This sounds like it
>only works on the Internet host name part of the address. In my case, the
>user's name also changes, ie from [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]
>So - am I back to globally changing the address thru Explorer (and will
>that corrupt any of the addresses)? Thanks.

What do you mean 'thru Explorer'?  If you are contemplating direct editing of
the *.LIST files you should know that that is unsupported, and since they are
binary files you will very likely corrupt the files and destroy your list(s).
this is NOT a good thing.

IF you are running LISTSERV 1.8d you can use the CHANGE command.

 CHANGE *  old@address  new@address