Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:31:52 -0500
I received a request from the help desk here to look into a situation
where a list with "Send=Private" is requesting a subscription for a
subscriber's postings. The subscriber in question is not the owner of
the list. I checked the configuration of that list and also the
subscriber's subscription options. The subscriber is also not on
review. What would cause LISTSERV to request confirmation for a
posting in this situation? The header for this list is as follows:

*
* Fund Raisers
*
* Ack= Yes
* Confidential= Yes
* Default-Options= Ack,Repro
* Errors-To= Owners
* Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/home/fund-raisers,Monthly,Private
* Notify= Yes
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Darlene Lowe)
* Owner= Quiet:,[log in to unmask] (Computer Services Help Desk)
* Reply-To= List,Respect
* Review= Owner
* Send= Private
* Subscription= Owners