Roger Fajman <RAF@NIHCU>
Fri, 29 Jan 88 15:07:34 EST
> > It would obligate mailers who want to state they are RFC822 conforming to
> > not barf when they see it because RFC822 clearly provides for the
> > registration
> > of new headers.  Whether it utilizes it or not cannot be enforced, but what
> > else is new?
>
> If they don't use it, then we won't get rejection mail sent to the right
> place.

Might it not be easier to convince authors of mailers to include a
constant new header to identify rejection messages (i.e.,
Acknowledgement-at:  Rejection) that to change their software to
recognize a new header (such as Errors-to:) as specifying the place
to send rejections?  Sounds like less work to me.

Roger