June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Fri, 29 Jan 88 08:21:58 PST
REPLY TO 01/28/88 20:17 FROM [log in to unmask]: Re: Loops

>I see that in some cases, these roles would need DIFFERENT mail addresses
>yet there is no way to specify two different addresses.  One (but not the
>only) solution is a new header to account for the difference.  It will
>require a CHANGE to RFC822, not just a registered extension.  THAT is what
>makes this so hard, and that is why there will be a lot of resistance to it.

Well, we'll never know how hard it is to change RFC822 unless we
try.  It seems pretty clear to me at this point that while several
of the proposals for new headers remain worth pursuing in their own
right, we are never going to resolve are most basic problems without
agreement that that the current standard is inadequate and needs to
be revised.  Does anyone know how to get that ball rolling?

/June

To:  [log in to unmask]