Susan Bramhall <SUSAN@YALEVM>
Fri, 31 Mar 89 10:24:57 EDT
We had a problem with listserv spool files after going to HPO 5.  The symptom
corresponded quite closely to problems reported months ago by other
installations - mail sent to a list is sent correctly but then is
reinterpreted later as if it were a command file.  The bad news was that we
already had the apars which the notebook mentioned applied (VM29946).

In addition to the problem above, we noticed a very peculiar symptom in
another context.  By aparing this new symptom, we were able to get another fix
from the support center which seems to have fixed the listserv problem as well.

[The problem which we apared occured while preparing to cold start the HPO 5
system.  We ran SPTAPE dump all with the PURGE option.  All users except
OPERATOR had been forced off the system and all console logs closed.  After
SPTAPE was finished there were still 600 rdr files on the system which it
couldn't seem to find.  CP QUERY FILES showed 600 reader files but CP Q RDR
showed none.  We shutdown and warm started.  When the system came up, the
files were visible to all and SPTAPE backed them up just fine.  Guess who
owned all 600 files... That's right, listserv.]

The newest fix is apar 34680.  This is a fix to DMKDRD which was sometimes
leaving the sfbinuse flag on.  It changes a CLI to a TM.  It was closed in
January 1989.

    -Susan Bramhall
     Yale University Computer Center
(I am not on this list so please reply to me if you want to.)