Jim Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Apr 1993 09:46:34 EDT
  In the process of writing a blurb on list management for list owners,
I encountered some surprising (to me) LISTSERV behavior. I had thought
that if I sent a request via message I would get a reply message or
file but that if I sent a request by mail I would get the answer packaged
as mail. This is generally, but not always, true. When I mail LISTSERV
a GET LISTNAME, without the HEADER option, I get the LISTNAME LIST file
sent directly to my reader, even if I preface the command w/ MAIL.
  Is there a way to make LISTSERV reply via mail to requests sent via
mail, even to accounts on the LISTSERV home machine. I'm asking because
we have some list owners who get their mail via POP, without ever
signing on to their real VM accounts. These people get the mail saying
that LISTSERV has processed their request, but never find the file
in their reader.
/Jim