Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:01:47 -0500
Here's the distribute job...

//Test JOB
Distribute mail Ack=mail pw=xxxx
//To DD *
/*
//Data DD *,EOF
FROM: ANNOUNCE <[log in to unmask]>
SUBJECT: Record TEST for CTS
DATE:

"[log in to unmask]" is a group made up of addresses on another system.

What administrators of "[log in to unmask]" would like to have is that their
users would not see anything in the 'To:' field at all.  They do not want
their users to know that "[log in to unmask]" exists.

--Garrie

Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
08/29/2006 11:44 AM
Please respond to
LISTSERV site administrators' forum <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: bcc for distribution job?

Please respond to the list, not to me directly.

At 11:27 AM 8/29/2006 -0500, Garrie Burr wrote:

>Except when the group address is in the TO DD field it's the group
>that appears in the recipient's TO: field -- which is what they're
>trying to avoid.

The only recipient that sees that To: field should be the group you
want to BCC itself.  All other recipients should see their own
address in To:.  Alternately you could specify a dummy address in the
To: line instead of letting LISTSERV fill it dynamically.

Perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to do.  What does your
job look like?

Nathan