Tracey McCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:09:56 -0500
I run a list whose subscribers are carefully screened.  Because our conversation often involves sensitive issues, one of the main rules of the list is NO FORWARDING.

Unfortunately, people sometimes ignore this rule, as people are wont to do.  I often find out about it only in the aftermath, and I usually am unable to discover who did it.

Social engineering, of course, is the best way to solve this problem.  But until the bad people meekly fall into line or are caught and removed from the list, I've been wondering about technological solutions to this problem.

So, e-mail geeks - got any ideas?  I'm wondering if headers can be tweaked in a way that causes forwarded posts or replies to them to be copied to me.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Thanks,

Tracey