Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 01:56:22 EDT
By habit and preference, I tend to use

    quiet serve <address> off

simply because on VM, the instant I suspect a problem, I can drop down
to the command line and enter " cms tell listserv ....... "

which effectively 'pauses' processing for that user while I do some
checking. ( If legit, it is fast and easy to undo, output that was
passed to me can be forwarded to it's original destination )

A site filter involves ( I believe ) an update of the LOCAL SYSVARS ?

Are there any performance considerations that would make a site filter
preferable to using serve-off ??

- mike