TIMO HARMO <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Nov 1992 17:46:47 GMT
I have a list that is linked to a rather fuzzy conferencing
system ("portacom") and I am having some problems with it.

Listserv send the messages it has received to the conference
in portacom, which sends the message back to the list.
Listserv recognized the beginning of the loop, and refuses to
to distribute the message further, very wisely. What I don't like
is that listserv sends an  annoying error-message to the innocent
originator of the message. Is there any way to get rid of that.

The listserv-documents that I have do not say anything
about "LOOPCHECK" -header. I found that most lists have this
set to "notocount", so I tried that also. No effect. What other
possibilities are there besides NOTOCOUNT (btw, is there up-to date
documentation somewhere availlable on GOPHER).

I have errors-to:owners, reply-to=list, respect . The conference-alias
subscriber is set to FULLHDR (there used to be loops without that setting).

 -Timo Harmo ([log in to unmask], HARMO@FINUH)

P.S To be able to put in effect the good advice I hope to get from
this list, I need one more advice: can I somehow add new owners or
update the list header via mail?
The conferencing system locked up when it received it's welcome-message
from listserv, apparently (so says the sys adm) because in the TO-line
there vere several different variations of my e-mail address, so I deleted
my internet-address from the owner-list. It turned out that the files I send
out are addressed internet-style (vax/vms SEND/FILE/NET), not bitnet, so
listserv does not regognize me as the owner when sending files, only via
mail or one-liners (SEND).